Bowes House was notably an industrial building used by Roche Products for the manufacturer of ‘Helorsid’ a medical chemical in the early 1900’s, and as Hornsey College of Art in the 1970s. The buildings were converted into 1-bed studio flats in 2012.
The site is situated between the North Circular to the North, the Great Northern City railway line from Kings Cross to the West and the New River Walk which links Hertford to Islington to the East.
The client approached Atomik to re-evaluate the layouts of the existing mismatched accommodation and review potential roof extensions to the rear buildings. The resultant design has created a mix of 1, 2 and 3 bed apartments with added gardens, balconies and roof terraces.